rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fat around waist/Thighs and hormonal profile

Fat around waist/Thighs and hormonal profile

Quote: (05-20-2016 04:58 PM)Cosmonaut Wrote:  

I am very new to weightlifting, just started in March, doing one of the Starting Strength variations. Prior to that I felt so weak and feeble and LOW ENERGY that I had to start doing something.

In general, I have only positive things to say. I've gotten way stronger, gained some obvious muscle (especially on my shoulders and back) and overall feel so much better. Im glad its a habitual thing now and a part of my life. But now I want to get more serious.

Despite the benefits, I havent been putting on THAT much mass, especially my arms and chest seem to have no difference at all. I have always been a "hard gainer" when it came to weight gain.

additionally, I have been getting more and more fat around my thighs, waist, ass, lower belly. Much more than I would want. I've long suspected i anyways had low T, and ive been reading that fat around this section especially is terrible for testosterone and aids in estrogen production.

My question is this: since I now really want to get jacked, would it be better to:

A) do a huge cut and drop all the excess fat first, to improve my hormone profile, and then get back on the bulking/heavy lifting (ive been reading this in a few places)

or B) just keep doing what im doing, lifting heavy, eating a LOT, and take care of the fat later.

My fear is the fat is damaging my hormones, and thus preventing any gains from taking place. Ive been reading a lot of contradictory info, there is simply too much out there, and I trust this forum for better answers.

Any help or tips is very much appreciated

Fat around waist and thigh is due to inactivity I would suggest you to exercise regularly and eat healthy and more importantly drink plenty of water.

Messages In This Thread