rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Running Your Own Recording Studio

Running Your Own Recording Studio

I just started the engine - I'm not steering the ship. Although, the idea of a "Musician's Lounge Thread" may be good. Perhaps I'll start one in EE to continue the discussion and also get more eyes.

AB and Rigsby seemed to both be seasoned folks in this field, and I too would love to have a little PM exchange of music if people would be so inclined. I have no qualms sharing what I have created over the years.

I can certainly offer my hand at the "local artist" side of things.

As I've said before, while it is obviously optimal to have a producer to make a song "great" and steer the direction of the project, and it would definitely behoove any artists to have their tracks worked on by different ears throughout the recording process (tracking, editing, mixing, mastering) - realistically most small time artists will not do that. Mainly for financial reasons. An artists just starting out does not have the resources to pay half a dozen professionals to get their vision to come to life. Plus, once again, the ease of making decent recordings in your bedroom these days has made the demand for such specialized people plummet. Of course big money studios and huge top-40 artists will have bankroll and demand for such people, but not your average unsigned DIY artist.

The more you talk about "best case scenario" recording the more you alienate more common everyday musicians

Messages In This Thread