rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Accommodation square off

Accommodation square off

Quote: (07-21-2011 07:26 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

A month? Private apartment, no question. If I had to live in a hostel for a month, I'd probably kill myself. I never do a hostel for more than 3-4 days, and even then sometimes I'll do a hotel. I just feel like I've really outgrown the whole backpacker thing. I'd rather meet and hang out with one cool local than 10 British/American/Aussie backpackers.

Jalouse: That's pretty pricey for an apartment there. It must be a sick place. My friend and I got a decked out apartment in the nicest part of Buenos Aires for like $900 a month. And that was two bedrooms.

My apartment is cool but not amazing, it's mid range in the gringo apartments I've seen here. A lot of the more expensive places have more bedrooms which is overkill for me.

The ideal situation would be if I had a couple of other guys with the same budget, then I'd be looking at some seriously plush places.

I've rented short term in BA too, $900 for a great place is a good deal, I'm guessing you didn't get this through the standard short term gringo rental companies?

What do you do if you want to travel around? Do you still stay in Hotels? I find for budget hotels they're quite a bit more expensive than the backpackers and usual not great quality. If I want something decent it's closer to $100 a night so then my accommodation costs are at $3000 a month. This is why staying at a backpackers is still the best option when moving around and on a long trip.

Messages In This Thread