rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Increasing your ability to absorb and comprehend more information.

Increasing your ability to absorb and comprehend more information.

I have always been a voracious reader, but when I was young my father helped me read faster with what he called a holo-tropic sound device and I learned to read backward and forward as well as at a rate over 4 times the maximum for phonetically sounding words in your head (if you try to sound words in your head the maximum in my day was found to be about 375-385 words per minute) with a few other techniques.

This device was a simple handheld sound device that was connected to a pair of headphones (like a Walkman, but it was before the Walkman). It ran a signal from the left head phone to the right headphone in an oscillating fashion. I matched the speed of my finger with the rate of the wave (going from ear to ear inside my head) and read in accordance with the speed of the wave (whose speed I could increase with a knob). I do not know if such things are around now, but it would not be difficult to create with a modest amount understanding (the frequency and pitch of the wave would probably be important for more optimal efforts). Over the decades since then, my guess is that other ways of increasing your ability to read faster are in existence. I was also aware of focusing on action words (then adjectives) and skipping words that were not directly relate to meaning (of, the, to, a, etc.) and allowed my unconscious to fill them in afterwards.

Another field of consideration would be memory enhancement or mnemonics such that your reading comprehension may be greater as you absorb more information through reading or study. Memory enhancement techniques have been used by other uses as well. Forum members can comment on such techniques from pegging to chunking to using vivid, action oriented, exaggerated visualizations (with sound and smell cues) as well as many others such as association, location and imagination and many others that can help men comprehend more and better utilize their memories. I am old school and still memorize people´s phone numbers and use my phone as a back-up, not as a crutch as another simple example.

People may also wish to discuss how eating certain foods (vitamin D for nerve growth in the hippocampus and cerebellum or keytones) or a proper night of sleep, exercise or being mindful (as opposed to multi-tasking) can be beneficial to being able to absorb and comprehend more information more accurately.

The point of the Thread is to offer suggestions (and mine are from a past era before all of the digital technology) to facilitate the process as it appears that a number of men want to do the work and begin to study large amounts of material. If others have things that they have used successfully, add them here and comment to assist the men on the forum.

Below is a link with a piece of more modern research with a bibliography (86 pages) that can be used as a reference for those so inclined.

https://pages.wustl.edu/files/pages/imce...g_help.pdf

There was also a related thread Noopept here –
thread-27098...12725.html

Messages In This Thread