rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Divorced Guys Thread

Divorced Guys Thread

Quote: (09-08-2016 09:46 AM)XPQ22 Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2016 10:13 AM)Ivan996 Wrote:  

Everything is precarious; I'm balancing on a big greasy ball of my own making. If I crash and burn then I don't really care at all, but if I do then I take down a lot of other people along with me which I do care, so I get up every day, go to work, and be a responsible civilized worker because being honorable is what beta providers such as me do. We lead boring lives and spend most of our time doing child-rearing activities. Even getting young girls pregnant is a type of child rearing.

As a man in my 30s, my heart aches reading your story. I take separation from girls I've only been seeing for months or a year very hard, so I can only imagine how much you hurt!

While I haven't been married, I have my own story of loss - I was seriously ill and unable to work for several years, and I lost everything, relying on my parents and a few friends who stuck around to get me through.

I vowed to myself if and when I recovered, I wouldn't be bitter. And so far, I mostly haven't been, and my life has been so much better, even though I'm so far "behind" where other men my age are. The only advice I can give you is that you must find some way to let these feelings of bitterness and self-destructive thoughts go. See a therapist, hell see two therapists. Hit the gym every day. Forget about what car these hoes drive or how much money they make, it's irrelevant. Sell everything, leave your job, buy a used motorcycle and take off for Patagonia, if that's what it takes, then that's what you must do. You have to somehow let the rage die. Your very life depends on it.

Remember, you are no self-destructive failure. You are a man!

Yeah the key really is to never give up and to keep fighting. Setbacks happen to everyone in life, there's no avoiding it. I know in my divorce, I used a lot of the "Goriila Mindset" stuff and man that shit really works. The marriage and divorce cycle is a meat grinder and it can and does destroy so many men (and women for that matter). When my wife told me she was divorcing me, I told myself, one of us is going down and it ain't gonna be me. The way I fought and pushed to get what I wanted while grinding her into a pulp and destroying her psychologically is one of my life's great achievements. Letting the rage die and focusing methodically and remorselessly on grinding her down was the key.

Most people are self-destructive and most often, people are their own worst enemies. The ones with the most self-discipline are the ones who are usually the happiest and most successful. Being self-disciplined is the only way to win a war, a war with some chick or a war with yourself.

Messages In This Thread