rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working as a Ski Instructor data sheet

Working as a Ski Instructor data sheet

Quote: (06-09-2016 08:47 AM)bleaknight Wrote:  

Awesome thread, just wondering skipro, any idea on the snowboarding side for europe? Do snowboard instructors get decent pay there? Would an ISIA cert do?

Snowboarding is a funny one in Europe and the only specifics I know about are France and Switzerland.

In Switzerland it's the same as I mentioned above, ie. If the snowboard chef de technique thinks you're good enough you'll be able to land a job.

In France, you have to be a qualified ski instructor in the French system to be able to get a carte pro to teach snowboarding. In the French system there isn't a snowboard specific route.

However, if you were to go through, for example, the british system of qualification, at the top level of that, you do have the right of establishment and can set up your own sb school in France. Bear in mind that to get to that top level you'll have to go and get FIS points in either slope style or sbx. I know someone who just did it and it's not easy.

The only thing to bear in mind with snowboarding is the declining participation numbers. Sad to say it but we don't have many sb pros teaching now and many have resorted to skiing to make ends meet.

Let me know if any more questions.

Messages In This Thread