rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Libertarians

Libertarians

I haven't read the whole thread but I can tell you why I'm not a libertarian anymore, though I have major liberty leanings and generally like Rand and Ron Paul (I would call myself current just a "Constitutionalist").

It became recently more obvious that if you take the libertarian viewpoint all the way out, there will be a one world gov't/currency.

Trump basically exposed this. If you are trying to piece that together, the reason I came to the conclusion is that because of multinationals and disparities of standards of living and income, wealth disparities (which I'm not against to a degree) will become so egregious (we make something somewhere else and pay them 1/100th of the cost but sell it here for huge profit because our standard is so much higher) that there isn't even a point of having a country anymore (which is what we're seeing). Who cares if we can all buy 4K HDTVs for 1/3 the "cost" if our fellow citizens have not shot at creating a reasonable, hard earned, life through work? Yes, lots of variables at play but free trade in the existing international structure only exacerbates national problems and is making us closer to what India is like, not what we used to be like.

Messages In This Thread