rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location Independence Podcast

Location Independence Podcast

Yeah there have a been quite a few very similar podcasts over the years but most of them for various reasons, died down slowly. The ones that have made it over the years and still going strong, off the top of my head:

The Tropical MBA (being THE top one in the category)
The Freedom Loving Podcast by Kevin Koskella
Love Affair Travel Podcast by Ian Robinson
Hobo CEO by Chris and Nico
Bootstrapping it! by Vince Carter
EOFire by John Lee Dumas (not really a podcast on location independence but on entrepreneurship and one of my overall fav podcasts).
My wife quit her job by Steve Chou

My wife quit her job podcast has some solid content at times, but the guy is uber beta from the sound of it and it is very vanilla and mainstream.

The one podcast that I've yet to see and I'd love to see, is one where the host talks about business and women in a red pill way. Take Location Independence Business/traveling the world to take advantage of geo-arbitrage for not only lifestyle but also quality of women. Basically a podcast version of the Travel and Lifestyle sections of this very forum. That would have tremendous potential IMO and would take off like wildfire if done properly...

Quote: (04-17-2016 02:44 PM)WeekendCasanova Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2016 07:12 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

WC,
There are a ton of such podcasts out there. What's unique and original about yours? Is it going to be just another podcast where the host(s) is simply interviewing other LE guys? If that's the case, then that wouldn't fly much. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend you ask yourself, what can you bring to the table that is different and unique? and not just be another copy cat podcast out there about location independence!

Look into ways that you can separate your podcast from all the myriads of other similar ones. Focus on one specific niche or industry or area to make yours unique.

Best of luck man!

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback Vacancier!

Which podcasts are you referring to specifically? I've seen a few, but they've mostly been very surface level and/or part of a some internet marketing product. They interview guys who are location independent as a sales technique to sell you their course or something.

As for our niche, we don't want to be too restrictive. This is a passion project as much as it is an informative one for the listeners. It's my journey to location independence as well, so the plan is to share my progress in addition to the whatever the individual being interviewed is saying.

In saying that, when myself and my friend were discussing the creation of this podcast, we wanted to focus on people who've built an online business. Something sustainable that produces a relatively passive income.

Ideally after a bunch of interviews, I'd create an ebook going over a bunch of the different ways people have gone about becoming location independent, and provide the ebook for free.

I do appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

Messages In This Thread