rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Giving up Caffine

Giving up Caffine

I searched for this topic but couldn't find anything relevant.

Inspired by the excellent thread on giving up booze for a year, I've successfully been dry for getting on for 6 months now and it feels really really good.

The one thing that would not go away though were once weekly debilitating headaches that were all consuming until I got back to bed that night. When I was drinking, I used to put these headaches down to hangovers and lack of quality restful sleep because of the drinking.

As a side experiment now I've got the alcohol under control, I wanted to try giving up Caffine and just let my body do its own thing and find it's own rhythm.

I'm about a month into this experiment now and aside from an almighty withdrawal headache about 24 hours in, I've noticed the following;

1. I was a little hungrier to start off with. This has faded with time. (Caffine is an appetite suppressant)
2. Those debilitating headaches have GONE. I can only assume that this was to do with keeping the body in a state of constant agitation. Caffine basically hypes up the nervous system.
3. My body now seems to evacuate when it wants but instead of needing a coffee in the morning to prompt a dramatic shit, a cup of hot water with lemon or a herbal tea or an orange juice also works. My body now just shits when it needs to.
4. I feel calmer and I'm making better more rational decisions.
5. I feel like I have more energy. I can pretty much go all day and my body seems in tune with the natural cycle of the day rather than pressing the turbo boost of the coffee button.
6. I sleep like a log.

The downsides that I can see are that when I go out to bars/cafes now, my options are limited to orange juice, herbal teas or soda water. [Image: undecided.gif]. I feel like a monk.

Has anyone else tried this? I realise that this forum is fairly US centric so I might be a heretic as far as some of you are concerned.

Messages In This Thread