rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking a year 'off' after university

Taking a year 'off' after university

If you can afford living on your own for a year, take a gap year and move to a foreign country where:

- cost of living is low
- it is possible to become somewhat fluent in the local language within a year of seriously studying it
- internet speed is good enough to work on your business
- you can meet other ambitious people with similar goals
- you can game feminine women

When you return to the US after a year you:

- have made plenty of experiences in a completely new country without relying on someone else. That alone is priceless and something most people don't even have the balls for.
- are able to speak a new language. That can work as your excuse to have taken a year off and gives you a lot more freedom in your future career and personal life
- know a couple of interesting people who might lead you to new career opportunities
- have started a new business. Maybe it is successful and will supply you with a nice passive income. Maybe everything went to shit. But even then it was good because you can learn from that mistakes and not make them again when you start your second business. Again, most people don't have the balls to do that.
- have had a lot of fun with beautiful women

I took a semester off after my first university year to travel for 6 months in Asia. It was a great time and eye opening (especially because I found this forum) but I wasn't productive at all. In hindsight I would have rather stayed for 6 months in one place to learn the language and work on some kind of online business. But I am still glad that I did it because it changed my mindset and led to many other decisions that were good for my life. I wouldn't be the same person I am now had I not done that 6 month trip 2 years ago.

Messages In This Thread