rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking a year 'off' after university

Taking a year 'off' after university

In a way, Europe is so dense and it's so easy to travel anywhere within it that the 6 weeks vacations help promote tourist inside the countries, which itself is important for the touristic regions. For example, South of France is poor but survive economically thanks to the tourism industry. With the 5 weeks of vacation in France a lot of money is being spent outside Paris and its good for the economy.

A better comparison would be countries such as Korea, China, Russia and Japan to USA.

Even in Canada getting 3 weeks of vacation is luxury and sadly the government doesn't promote tourist inside Quebec for example, so i'm sorry but I would probably never go to Gaspesie/ Newfoundland or New Brunswick in my life as I know (and experienced much better places in the world). With a few extra days or weeks it would allow me to visit these places and they wouldn't be so poor right now.

I did a semi-gap year last year as I studies in France and finished my Masters there. I say it is worth it if you have something to show on your resume.

Messages In This Thread