rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Got an opportunity to own a bar in Cancun - no experience 24yo

Got an opportunity to own a bar in Cancun - no experience 24yo

Quote: (04-13-2016 11:19 AM)offthereservation Wrote:  

Quote: (04-13-2016 07:07 AM)Scaro066 Wrote:  

Wow. Bravo bravo. haha. It is all about the research my friend.

Right. Researching opinions is not the same as researching a business opportunity.

This is just about you letting go of $xx,xxx or $xxx,xxx USD, nothing more. That's what you are not seeing. You got selected and sized up and chosen for this special opportunity to wire money out.

You have no details, no copy of a lease, no books, no idea whether the local authorities will transfer "licenses" to you, no approval from the building or land owner, no verification the one selling to you is actually the owner, no written proposal of what is and what is not included, no information on what they spend on costs of inventory and labor, etc. Right? Your only "due diligence" is on web forums and not in the local tax offices in Quintana Roo. Do you want a simple way out? Ask your friend for the address of the local tax office and tell him you will be coming down to do some research. "My friend you don't need to do that, don't you trust me?"

Have you made a good faith deposit yet? Has the guy provided you wiring instructions? Go ahead and get it over with and send the money because you have a real strong desire to lower your bank account balances it seems.

OR spend the same money on an income producing property in your area, so you feel like you have invested.

OR just blow the money traveling

OR do an actual search for bars for sale in jurisdictions with the rule of law where your investment can be protected and you understand the lay of the land and can sell it later. (For example Puerto Rico, which has the world's greatest bargains right now, you could buy a beach bar there and you are protected under real law.)

OR OR OR...

What to me it sounds like you are doing is falling for the classic con. How do I know? Because it is the only bar you are looking at and you described it yourself as if you were the con man. The old tired man, the cheap price, the sudden friendship with the sacrificial owner who will help you after, the lack of any details. Con comes from confidence. You exude in your story total confidence in this guy which is scary to say the least.

Considering all your options would mean doing a search of available bars in the area at the least. But you considering no other options, which means you are being driven 100% by your emotion. You are not researching, you are looking for anyone who will tell you what you want to hear. Your other forums seem much more supportive so focus there if you want.

I am all for lessons learned by trying things and many legit opportunities do end up being losers. But the worst sting of all is to simply be scammed. Its a lesson that never feels like it was worth it because you didn't learn anything in the process except that there are scumbags out there that will steal from you.

I appreciate you looking out for me. I don't want to throw too many details online, I haven't given all the details. I did most if not all the necessary research before posting to the forums. I am not relying on strangers on the internet. I just want a view from an outside perceptive. Of course I am not making a deposit yet until I am 100% sure and have revised all papers with another person from an outside party. It is interesting to hear other people's thoughts. What would other people do if they were my age for example.

Many do not take big risks like this, mainly because one cannot afford to or they feel comfortable with their life as is. I am all for trying different realities, break the barrier of what society wants us to believe, getting out of the box.

Messages In This Thread