rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Making moves with limited time

Making moves with limited time

What kind of approach do you take when you get an opening with a girl but you don't have much time to do anything about it?

Example:

I was in a bar earlier with a girl I'd met for the first time through online dating, she doesn't look as good as her pics and I had already decided pretty quickly it wasn't going to go anywhere. I'm at the bar waiting for my drinks when a cute chick turns rounds and starts talking to me, turns round to face me, making strong eye contact, she's with a friend who's talking to a couple at the end of the bar, the girl I'm with is standing right behind me. I'm mid to late thirties, cute chick is mid twenties. As I'm waiting for the drinks I ask the girl I'm with if she wants to go find a table while I wait on the drinks which she does, as I engage the cute chick in conversation the drinks are on the bar and her friend turns round to introduce her to this other couple, however as she's turning she's pointing to her friend that she's talking to me - if I didn't have company it would have been straightforward to either stay put and keep the conversation going or join the group. However with this other chick waiting and the drinks on the bar I made my excuses and left.

Options:

I ignore the chick I'm with for a couple of minutes and try to get the cute chicks number.

I ignore the chick I'm with for as long as it takes to make something happen - I didn't consider this at the time as I'd only just met her and wouldn't have felt that great about treating her a bit shitty - she wasn't bad looking, just older looking than I expected.

I lay my cards on table, tell cute chick what the deal is and go for the number, maybe even try to meet up later once I get rid of my company.

I chalk it up to experience and move on. I don't like this option as I feel it's better to make some sort of attempt regardless of how it plays out than let the moment slip.

What would you have done?

Messages In This Thread