rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Star Wars: Rogue One comes out December

Star Wars: Rogue One comes out December

Quote: (04-07-2016 12:06 PM)The Laughing Man Wrote:  

Quote: (04-07-2016 11:35 AM)kaotic Wrote:  

At this point I don't even give a fuck about the whole girl power thing.

I just wish they'd fucking adapt some of the books already out there regarding this. For example Star Wars: Dark Forces

Kyle Katarn stole the death star plans and stopped the Dark Trooper plans and also was a Jedi.

Same here, I really don't care it's a chick. Just make a good Star Wars. I can't really rip on a lead woman, one of my favorite all time science fiction movies is Alien. Just make it fucking good, all I'm asking. If this is another nail in the coffin of what was once a great series then I'm done, but I'm still going to hold out some form of hope, probably naively. I get hyped over this because Star Wars meant alot to me growing up, it was really amazing to me. Force Awakens shoved the shiv deep in my gut but I'll give it one last try.

Quote: (04-07-2016 12:21 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

People are already posting shit on social media like:

"she gets to see these kick ass females instead of damsels in distress."

They're already talking about how people are complaining and shaming them for it.

Just make a GOOD Star Wars movie.

All this is, is pandering to get more women into paying into Star Wars.

Here's the thing. Even the "silent majority" of women think it's retarded. They know that even the baddest dudes out there don't take on 5 trained soldiers and win. It's not something you can "relate to". It's something so ludicrous that eyes roll. What does a much better job is characters like Ripley (who another poster mentioned) who know their in over their heads and use every bit of cunning they have to outmaneuver their opponents.

Messages In This Thread