rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Turning rejection round

Turning rejection round

Last week I got rejected for something I badly wanted. It was a competition and while I can cope with losing my entry was not even longlisted. It was the best example of my work and I have been told by professional writers that it is very strong. They have mentored me for a while and I believed I was improving.

Not getting longlisted hit me harder than I expected it to. I've put in endless hours writing, studying technique and improving. The Elements of Style is my bible.

Now, I know this an industry where you have to grow a thick skin. Previous rejections haven't been this bad, and believe me there have been a few. I know, however, that writing is what I want to do however long it takes.

So my question is: How do you turn rejection around? It is far easier if you get feedback with the rejection as I would have done if longlisted then not got further.

Messages In This Thread