rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swell's Modified 21 Days of Discipline

Swell's Modified 21 Days of Discipline

Quote: (04-06-2016 02:11 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

OP, what are your fitness goals? What are your rep ranges for all of these sets? Are you going heavy? Working to failure? Hypertrophy? More detail on your routine would be helpful if you're looking for any kind of advice/feedback.

Also 7 sets of DL is fine depending on you rep range and goal. I did 12 sets last night. It's great for conditioning.

I did 12 x 2 x 275

General Stalin. You have asked some great questions.

Swell's Fitness Goals

1. Lose excess fat
2. Increase overall performance & endurance.
3. Strengthen midsection to eliminate back pain/improve posture.

These improvements will help with hiking, surfing and work.
Last season I worked 20 days on/10 days off, 14 hour days and I'm hoping to do it again. Season #5
This coming summer I will be hiking/surfing/camping Vancouver Island & Washington State.

Workout
My workout is based on Push/Pull/Lower full-body workout.
I tried body-part splits, but dropped them because I would destroy the body-part.
One week I cant straighten my arm, next week I can't walk up stairs, etc

I enjoy working-out. I go into the zone. Some workouts are 1.5-2 hours.
I have been wanting to limit my workout to 1 hour, so I am to perform evening midsection/stretching workout.

My workout starts by choosing a main focus for workout;
Dead-lift, Squat, Bench Press, Overhead Press or Lat Pull-down then add the other two components.

Today was the day. 1 Hour time limit.
My workout was intense. I was sweating and sucking wind.

Today's Workout
Warm Up
5 minutes on the Elliptical
5 minutes of Stretching
Pull
Neutral Grip Lat Pull Down; 77lbsx12, 99x12, 121x10, 143x6, 143x6, 148x4, 148x4, 148x4
Push
Landmine Press; 16lbsx15, 22x15, 27x15, 33x12, 38x12
Lowerbody
Ass to the Grass Body-weight Squat; x10, x12, x15, x15, x15, x15, x15, x15
Cool Down
5 minutes on the Elliptical
5 minutes of Stretching
1 hour finished

Pool Session 45 minutes
Leg kicks and midsection stretching

Evening workout will be Sit-ups, crunches, planks, stomach vacuums and stretching.

General Stalin How would you fix a slouching posture with shoulders rolling forward?

When I rest between sets; I look in mirror and think."Shoulder back, Dick out." to improve my posture.
I have also added Band Pull-a-parts and Rotator Cuff External Rotation with 5lbs dumbbells.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Messages In This Thread