rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

31 y.o. beautiful career woman, can't get a boyfriend: hangs herself!
1 y.o. beautiful career woman, can't get a boyfriend: hangs herself!
A little too much lecturing and moralizing here from you, Beyond Borders. I don't agree with your most recent post.

This story is fair game for comment, and no one is going to shame me from commenting on it.

Remember that it was the news media that portrayed the story as "Girl XYX commits suicide because she couldn't find a boyfriend." It was the media who laid out the frame for this story. Read the fucking article.

Since that was how this story was framed, the door was opened for comment along those lines. Is some of the comment here tasteless? Maybe. But no one here is "glad" that someone lost a life. What people are doing here is using this sad example to make a point about what we see going on in society today. That's the difference.

Now get ready for some real lessons, if you can handle it.

In past centuries, suicide was considered a serious crime. I know in France in the old days, there were statutes on the books that said suicides had to be carried through the streets, to be mocked and ridiculed. It was a requirement.

Why? Because under the old religion, suicide was considered a crime. Your life was not your own to do what you pleased with it. If you killed yourself, you were denied the right to have last rites in the Church, to be given a Christian burial, and your property was forfeit. It was a serious thing. So there were powerful social conventions that kept people like this in check. All that is gone now, to our detriment.

Islam and Judaism had the same prohibitions.

Does that sound harsh to our 21st century ears? Judging from some of the sanctimonious comments I'm seeing here, the answer is yes.

Harden the fuck up. You think you're the only one who lost someone you love? We've all been through it here...only I have a different view of some of these things.

If this rule seems harsh, think of the fact that maybe if more of these lost souls thought they were going to Hell, that they were going to disgrace their families, and that they would have their memories ridiculed, then they wouldn't contemplate suicide in the first place.

Fear saves lives. Maybe if our society placed more emphasis on different things, this woman's life would have been preserved. Instead, our society feeds these delusional women a diet of lies and bullshit that ruins their lives.

When I read this article, I was disgusted by the whole scenario, for reasons that I've already stated.

I am not required to emote, cry, and wring my hands over someone like this. And I have every right to comment on it, as I see fit.

Life is hard. Life is not a fucking game. Fight till the last rag is on you, then fight some more. That is life. And any weak sister who's not up to accepting that reality can expect no sympathy from me. She was an egoist, a typical product of the modern age, an age that feeds delusion and lies at the expense of responsibility and discipline.

And I'm going to comment on it. And if that bothers people, then tough shit.

Take a good read of that article. That's what weakness and delusion are like. Learn to recognize it, and let it be a lesson for all of us. And if saying this makes me a hard-hearted bastard, then so be it.

Messages In This Thread