rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

Quote: (02-25-2019 11:54 AM)RedKurrant Wrote:  

How do you guys maintain the energy to keep working on a business while working full-time?

About a month ago I launched a service-based business and have so far landed six clients, but I'm starting to feel burnt out already. I'm working ~70 hour weeks, which entails the 9-5.30 job, and then working a couple of hours before and after work, during my work lunch break, and most of the weekend.

My worry is that if I don't keep grinding away I'll never earn enough from the business so that I can quit my job and work on it full-time. How can I push through when all I want to do is throw in the towel everyday?

Set a time limit for working on your business while on the job. 6 months maybe. If after 6 months your business isn’t getting anywhere, either the business idea isn’t profitable or you simply haven’t put enough into it. At 6 months, you will know which is which.

Then you’ll have to decide whether to quit your job to focus on your business full time, or forget about it and try a different business idea later.

The idea is to not let yourself burn both ends of the candle forever, because as you say, that leads to burnout. So set a time limit on that.

Messages In This Thread