rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

The Entrepreneur / Business Owner's / Self Employed Lounge

I've been working for myself for about 15 years. About 3 years ago I finally got off my arse and got a decent website happening. I was always too dam busy and didn't have the time (really I just didn't use my time correctly). Not one of the usual fancy pants websites, pretty pictures and I'm the best there is etc. but no meat on the bones which to me are really just a wank.
I decided to do the business promotion bit but also provide a lot of information and also a few blogs. For someone like me this was way out of my comfort zone and to be honest I had my doubt's. It takes a fair chunk of my time of which I really don't have much to spare. I pay a copy writer to put it into shape and also paid a website developer as I didn't have a clue.
This has done two things. One it forced me to work out what type of work I really wanted to do in my field, and second get my shit together and start acting more like a business person.
The amount of work I get from people that Google problems and see my site has been a pleasant surprise. I'm now in the position that I don't have to take on the crap work I once did.
Also I as I'm desk based say two thirds of my time, I have found putting on decent clothes gets me in the right mindset however strange that might sound. Judging by some of the comments on here I'm definitely on the smaller scale with only a few employees.

Messages In This Thread