rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any intel on Western Ukraine?

Any intel on Western Ukraine?

Quote: (03-25-2016 05:11 PM)Stuntman Wrote:  

Quote: (03-25-2016 03:02 PM)262 Wrote:  

This info should seem obvious if you read the forum, but expect English levels - even among college-age girls - to be like 10% or less, especially outside Lviv.

Even in Kiev, where English is spoken more, it's only relatively more, at like 20%.

Source: 1 month in Kiev, a few days in Lviv, both in 2015.

If the girls in western ukraine speak Russian, then language barrier shouldn't be a a huge issue for me. My Russian is quite understandable. Unfortunately, I've been hearing that western ukrainain women may be a bit more "pro-ukrainian" and may prefer to speak ukrainian instead of russian. Not sure if it's true though. Can i get by in Lviv with russian?

And also, I must ask, from your experience, do the women in western ukraine look any different from the women from Kiev? I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that they may have more of a polish/central european look compared to eastern ukrainians.

Yes all Ukrainian people understand Russian, although many might prefer to speak Ukrainian. Yes Russian is fine in Lviv, if you are a foreigner who speaks Russian then it's great

Messages In This Thread