rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Preparing for the Future as a High School Student

Preparing for the Future as a High School Student

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking here for about a year now and I've felt that the progress I've made in the past year wasn't enough and that I really need to step it up considering how fast time flies by. For starters, I'm a 16 year old asian male living in Boston on the East Coast.

For the past year, I've mostly been studying up on Red Pill Philosophy, working out, working on posture, and working on my style. I was focusing on too many things at once and the end result was making next to no progress on everything I do.

From now on, I plan to treat myself as 26 instead of 16 and that I have 4 years before becoming 30 as a way to stop procrastinating and actually get things done.

The two main things I want to focus on are making money and developing my social skills like approaching. Other things I want to do but won't place as much of an emphasis on are continue working out, join a dancing class, join a boxing class, join an acting class, practice public speaking, work more on body language improve my style, and start to read more books.

1. Social Skills: I was actually planning to do the Approach Anxiety Program http://www.goodlookingloser.com/anxiety/program-index from GLL before doing any of the more game related programs but he seems to recommend high schoolers to not focus on game and approaching too much and to just develop small talk skills due to potential social consequences at school. http://www.goodlookingloser.com/what-you...ed-to-know
While I don't live in a small town, I don't exactly live in a city like NYC either and don't know whether I should just do the Approach Anxiety Program or hold off on it.

I also tried asshole game and maybe its because I took it too far but people seem to react negatively to it. I get called douchebag or asshole by people of both genders at our school and while I would think that's better than being called nice, sweet, or a pussy, they seem to have a very bitter and hateful facial expression while saying it.

2. Style: I usually dress in a v-neck sweater over a button up shirt with jeans and boots and it actually caused me to get ostracized by some of my peers and I constantly hear rumor from my friends I've kept in contact with about how I think I am better than everyone else and how he used to be different and not like this.

3. Working Out: I had always been skinny with no gut so I'm just trying to pack on more muscle rather than slim down. I'm currently doing my body weight exercises in order to gain strength.

So what do you think I should do and if you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Messages In This Thread