rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being socially awkward and anti-social with girls and people in general? Help!

Being socially awkward and anti-social with girls and people in general? Help!

Here is my story. I'm a 27 year old guy. I'm very conscience and very sensitive about the way I look and that has caused me to be extremely socially awkward. I talk real slow, my voice is all over the place as as in it correlates from very high pitch to very low pitch almost like a crackling voice.

I also have a hard time looking people in the eye and making eye contact with girls and people. I don't really talk with anybody at work, I sit by myself during lunch break on my phone, etc... I'm not very good at having good conversations. I'm not very good at making jokes or thinking of big comebacks when people make jokes to me. For example as I was walking out after work, I told one of my co-workers as I was walking out "Time to go home man" and he said "nah playa, there aint no going home, we are staying here all night" and I said, "hell naaa". Then the conversation dies. Or whenever they make a joke to me about something I did I will just laugh it off or chuckle with no comeback. Its gotten to the point where people think I'm just flat out boring, or too nice to even pick on. Its sad really.

I have low social skills, very self-conscience, I can't keep eye contact and when I do have eye contact it becomes awkward for both parties.

I have a girlfriend and even she noticed this. She always tells me "you're not very friendly or talkative are you?"

Any way I can reverse this? I need help.

Any advice? Thanks.

Messages In This Thread