rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Forgefulness/leaving things behind

Forgefulness/leaving things behind

I've had a look on the forum and there seems to be no direct topic on the issue of general forgetfulness.
What I'm talking about is regularly forgetting or losing items, leaving them behind me when I'm out and about and also in my workplace.
I've always been a bit forgetful but in the last year or so, it seems to have gotten worse.
In the last year, I've left my wallet behind me on three occasions (each time it was found by someone and handed in whereby I retrieved it, twice untouched, once with my cash gone, but all cards left untouched).
I've almost lost my mobile phone on a few occasions, again I've been very lucky, one time it must have fallen out of my pocket near a train stop. Luckily I noticed it was gone a few minutes later and doubled back to where I thought I had lost it, and found the phone untouched on a pathway, ten minutes later.
I lost my a bank card a week ago and had to reorder a new one.
I lost a scarf also about a week ago.

Sometimes I get distracted by something or someone, and lose my focus for a few crucial seconds or minutes and in that time, I somehow 'forget' about minding my stuff and this is often when I leave something behind.
Other times, I'll put it down to tiredness(have problems sleeping sometimes) however most people can still carry on their days without losing things, even when tired.
I've also had a bit of stress lately, partly due to hyerpacusis in one ear(which I can live with), but seems to have gotten a bit worse lately(probably due to some late nights, one of which involved being in an extremely loud late night club).
So have been hearing subtle sounds and pressure in the same ear lately which might be tinnitus, which means I've been very anxious at times (I will get this checked by a doctor soon, am hoping it might be due to an infection rather than damage due to exposure to loud music).
This also, may contribute to a certain lack of focus on the everyday things I'm doing.

I don't think it's a lack of intelligence, people generally regard me as quite intelligent and knowledgeable but others have noticed there's a bit of 'the absent minded professor' about me.

Anyway, the point is, it's not normal to be regularly losing things, it shouldn't be happening.
My diet is pretty good and I've been working out regularly since the start of the year.
I also take cod liver oil , B12 and why protein regularly.
I'm in my early forties, very slim, low body fat, a little unfit admittedly but generally in good health

Does anyone have any tips on how to reduce or eliminate forgetfulness and how to not let sudden interruptions distract my focus so much that I forget items?

Messages In This Thread