rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Was Your Fork In the Road?

What Was Your Fork In the Road?

Like most men, there have been many forks, but 10 years ago I apparently had everything according to my friends. I was in great shape, dating a few beautiful women, status from my past experiences, a senior corporate job that was challenging (they let me fly on occasion as well) with insane compensation, a brilliant future…a dream life. What was missing was that it was not my dream. I had always lived my dreams and while doing this I was fortunate to have no major issues along the way; I had what I needed, there was struggle and fulfillment as I lived my purpose; I had the best of friends, women here and there, and I was happy.

I decided to go back to following my dreams and that began by getting another sailboat, loading up my surfboards and saying ¨hasta la vista¨ to the regular world. I started the first three years of this adventure with my first full circumnavigation of the Earth by sailboat. I have not looked back since and it was one of the best decisions of my life as I have made a few more unique circuits around this great planet. Now my forks include where do I want to sail next, which beaches do I want to be surfing this season, which country do I want to explore more, what activities do I want to do this week, with whom will I hang out, which LTR or plate do I want to be with more, and which RV Forum articles do I want to read today. My friends thought that I was crazy years ago; now they realize that they can no longer get back those years of their lives.

I simply listened to that voice inside (call it intuition, grace, whatever you will) that had prompted me through the serious shit storms as well as those fantastic heights in the past. It was guiding and prompting me as I felt there was more to do, more to be. Listening is one of the most important skills that I have developed along the way.

Messages In This Thread