rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Digital Privacy for the Neomasculine Man

Digital Privacy for the Neomasculine Man

Great discussion we're having here. I think it's important to debate these concepts as Neomasculinity increases in profile and becomes more political.

Quote: (02-22-2016 08:51 AM)Valentine Wrote:  

This means if you want to have encrypted group chats, you should only share your Signal number with vetted individuals. Otherwise, stick to Telegram for 1:1 secret chats.
In my threat model, to be honest, the contents of group messages are not the main concern. It's more about identity(anonymity) and metadata, and Telegram has advantages in those areas.
What you wrote is essentially correct, though - if discussing something extremely sensitive with a group of people, and those people already know your phone number, then Signal has the upper hand.

I see the following potential threats:

1. targeted (individual) attacks by the NSA or similar. There isn't much you can do about these, but we're unlikely to be targets of that agency.

2. mass surveillance by the NSA, including metadata collection - can probably be reduced by choosing the right services, but as above, we're unlikely to be targets. I find the idea of mass surveillance appalling, but I also don't see the NSA as a risk specific to myself or other RVF users. Yeah, they have everyone's private information and that poses a long-term risk to society in general, but right now they're really only interested in terrorists and foreign espionage.

3. subpoenas and court orders - I think this is one of biggest risks and it will require careful planning to mitigate. As seen a couple of weeks ago, governments can be brought into the hysteria if the media and social justice warriors perpetuate enough lies.
Using the right services will make it difficult for law enforcement to conduct "fishing expeditions" on your private communications and may help you to avoid being implicated or connected in case of an investigation.
The solution doesn't have to be elaborate or inconvenient. Use Telegram in a secure way (as per Roosh's instructions), use Protonmail or similar (check the other thread), keep RVF and real identities separate, don't reveal any identifying information on Twitter, RVF, etc.

4. social justice mobs and Anonymous - again, a very large risk, but not difficult to avoid. Use two-factor authentication where possible, use strong passwords and compartmentalise them (maybe with a password manger), keep RVF and real identities separate, don't post identifying information or photos under your RVF identity, keep photos of yourself off the web if possible.

5. infiltrators - a large risk to individual members. The only solution is to build trust. Make sure the person has contributed time/effort/money to Neomasculinity and be suspicious of new acquaintances... a good actor could hold a facade for a couple of days, maybe a week, but for a month? They'll slip up at some point.

Messages In This Thread