rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Myth About the Russian Divorce Rate

The Myth About the Russian Divorce Rate

Hello travelers.

I noticed something that Roosh had written about the Russian divorce rate on a couple occasions, which really didn't make sense to me. He noted that Russia has the highest divorce rate in the world. I found it really strange at first. As a result, I believe this may have caused a lot of people to be reluctant to date Russian girls. As an American man who has spent time in Russia and dated many incredible Russian women, I would wish the same pleasures for all other men seeking out the best women in the world.

What I realized is there was actually an accidental misinterpretation of statistics. Roosh has written that Russia has the highest crude divorce rate in the world (number of divorces per 1,000 residents) at 4.8. This is what caused a lot of people to believe that there is something about marriages in Russia that is causing a very high amount of divorces. However, what he probably didn't realize is that Russia also has the highest crude marriage rate. It actually made sense to me in my three years living in Russia. It always seemed like girls spend a lot of time fantasizing about marriage. A lot of the women I dated actually had female friends who were absolutely obsessed with marriage (not with Westerners, but in general) and would get really jealous when they saw other girls get married.

The crude marriage rate in Russia is 9.2. This is much higher than in most Western countries. Basically, Russia is "marriage happy". And a lot of people are too much in a rush to get married and that's a big reason why the "percent of marriages resulting in divorce" is 51. Which pales in comparison to Belgium, with the highest percent of failed marriages in the world: 71 percent. Belarus (in Eastern Europe) is the same as Russia, but with slightly more successful marriages on average. The have the exact same crude marriage rate: 9.2. Their crude divorce rate is 4.1. Which is higher than the number for USA, 3.6, but their marriages end in divorce 45 percent of the time, compared to 53 percent of marriage ending in divorce in the United States.

United States also has a very high crude marriage rate (6.8) and the countries with the highest crude marriage rate in Western Europe are Denmark and Finland, each with 5.6. Generally, it seems that the farther East you go in Eastern Europe, the more you will see both the crude marriage rate and the crude divorce rate rise, however the total number of successful marriages per 1,000 residents in Russia and Belarus is clearly better than almost every nation in Europe and much better than Canada and USA. Therefore, in reality, although the myth perpetuated has been that Russia is a bad place for marriages, ironically this myth has been specifically caused by the fact that so many people in Russia are getting together and starting successful families, despite half of those marriages ending early in divorce. Still, that can be perceived as better than people in other countries who aren't managing to settle down with anybody at all. Basically, if you're a man living in Russia, your chances of settling down and having a good family are sky high. Just make sure not to give in to vodka or the many hot women on the side.

Here's a link to the stats:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_de...by_country

Messages In This Thread