rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Location independent resources

Location independent resources

Quote: (02-05-2016 05:55 PM)RandomGuy1 Wrote:  

You can take a look at UpWork. It's a job portal for freelancers which means you can do mostly 99% of the work remotely. Pick a category and look if you might interested in some of those jobs.

Not sure about the other categories, but at least for me freelance writing and web development on Upwork has been kind of a crapshoot that I wouldn't really recommend. Yeah I have made a few thousand on there over the last year, but the headaches caused by the massive amount of low quality clients isn't really worth it IMO.

There is also a lot of time wasting where I spend several hours consulting with a client getting the details of their project and discussing how we can proceed just to have them disappear off the radar. Im not saying don't try your luck on Upwork, but I wouldn't count on building a reliable full-time income there. As a side hustle, sure..

I've noticed that the amount of BS has gotten significantly worse after the Elance + Odesk merger (now called Upwork). The quality of clients on Elance were much better, and the software itself was definitely better as well. On Upwork literally every other page I click on pops up an error message.

Anyway, see this thread for more freelance info thread-47266.html

Messages In This Thread