rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do in my current situation? Lifestyle moulding

What would you do in my current situation? Lifestyle moulding

Quote: (02-05-2016 08:32 AM)Ruivinho Wrote:  

That paragraph you wrote sums up the majority of univeristy students i agree but I assure you thats not what id be doing with my degree. Its just something you kind of need in the modern society. Also the likelyhood is in the UK i'd never pay back my student loan.

I think you misinterpreted my ideals of what kind of lifestyle i wish to achieve. I'm not searching for a baller lifestyle, but simply a location independent minimalistic lifestyle that covers my expenses of 1 or 2 simple luxuries, all the while accumulating wealth through investments for the future.

"You just kind of need" cannot be a reason to dedicate 4 years of your life and thousands of dollars of burdensome debt to. It cannot. Nor can not wanting to feel left out -- wanting to follow your peers -- even if it's into an abyss. You must think through exactly and clearly why you are doing anything -- do not make assumptions.

Accept that your programming to go into university comes from nothing more than a circulating rumour that "having a degree is safer". That rumour is completely false. Your only safety is in your hard work.

Keep in mind, you can always go back to university later. You could work and do business for some years, and get a clearer image of what you want to do. If you then decide there is some specific university courses that would help you achieve that, you can do that. With a few more years age difference, you'll also be more attractive to the girls there if you do. You'll also be more employable, because all companies really care about is your ability to make them money, and having done prior business you'll understand this much better than a plain graduate.

My description of a baller lifestyle is just to paint a picture. You don't get to where you want to be by aiming for "a bit more". As the old saying goes, "Aim for the moon; even if you miss you’ll land among the stars".

Messages In This Thread