rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How much is enough? At what passive income level would you stop working?

How much is enough? At what passive income level would you stop working?

Quote: (01-31-2016 05:31 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2016 04:35 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-31-2016 03:58 AM)pitt Wrote:  

OP how much is enough for you?

Probably option 2, 2MM/80,000 a year. I have access to significantly more at this point, and honestly I don't need it at all, even living well. I think the average income, for people who have a job (there is 30% unemployment) in Seville is something like 1200 euros a month. I spend about 4 or 5 times that in a typical month. I've been considering leasing/renting a nice car, that and parking might be 1k a month more. Being a baller is cheap here. At 5 or 6k euro a month for a single guy you are ahead of everyone except famous people and football stars.

The only way I could see myself spending more in Seville is if I started buying Veblen goods in a foolish attempt to impress others.

Maybe if moved back to NYC or another major international city with high living costs.

That is really good money that you are currently making. 30% unemployment rate? Jesus.

Have you driven expensive cars there before? I am wondering how local girls respond to guys who are doing really well financially.

Yeah, southern Spain is in an economic shit storm that is not going away anytime soon.

It's good for me though and keeps prices low.

I've driven nice but not exotic cars.

I'm leaning towards an M5 or a Range Rover.

To answer your other question, they respond really really well.

It pisses off my girlfriend, since I think she can see the writing on the wall, even though I haven't made a decision yet.

I live in a luxury apartment on the best street in the city, and my neighbor (in a 5 apartment building) is an A list famous bullfighter who is considered movie star handsome. People flip out when they find out he is my neighbor and I talk to him. I mean it's not like we are buddies, but I've run into him in the elevator or hallway 3 or 4 times in the past 4 months and we are on a polite speaking basis.

He is actually a nice guy, and I am slowly trying to establish a friendship/social connection. It requires delicacy since he is at the highest level of Spanish society and used to be married to the Duchess of Alba's daughter (she was Spain's richest and most titled aristocratic, I think a low level billionaire).

Anyway, I got side tracked...basically my Spanish girlfriend thinks all of this is going/will go to my head, as it gets really positive attention when people find out some of the details. It's not like I talk about money, and I'm only spending maybe 25% of what I could, yet it is obvious compared to 99% of people here.

But holy shit, it is nothing compared to my male 10 bullfighting neighbor (he is short, but has a perfect 11/10 face). Millions of Spanish women probably masturbate to him on a daily basis. Lucky bastard.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Messages In This Thread