rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hustling Idea: Selling Travel Photos Online

Hustling Idea: Selling Travel Photos Online

Have you seen old guys with serious camera gear hanging out at cool spots for a long time? They are there just to grab few good shots. Are you saying you can just cruise around without sacrificing too much time and still be able to produce good images that can be sold online? well you might be really talented. what kind of images are we talking? can you post some?

Quote: (01-27-2016 01:07 PM)Designate Wrote:  

I completely miss your last point. How are they different? Do you think Ansel Adams just traveled around only for photography purposes? Depending on your expectations and demand level, it is perfectly compatable with traveling for pleasure. That is why so many people enjoy it

I am going to take a shot and say some great shots take a bit of planning, hiking to the remotest of spots, etc to get the shot. Not walking along a tourist area and seeing a fruit stand and shooting some colorful fruits.

I think there is some truth to it because one of the major selling points (beyond, nicely framed pic, exposure, 4K, RAW, blah blah) is getting a more unique shot. That means you need to be where the other travelers are not. But at this point, I think 90% of the world have been walked on and photos have been taken. You might go to Antarctica for a pic, but a shot of white snow everywhere may be indistinguishable from Siberia. [Image: lol.gif]

I'd rather shoot the fruit stand with people in it than going to a cool scenery spot.
I was in southern utah and they've got really cool scenery. those Monument Valley pictures are all over instagram to the point I hate to see it again.
I took some pictures since I had camera but I knew my picture is going to be just one of million same photos. Maybe I can keep it as personal memory but selling this the same image to someone even for 0.05 cents? who's going to care? you can just google millions.

Taking pictures of landmark with people in it (doing something interesting) or taking pictures of small objects in unique ways will get you far better chance than just taking a big landscape shot just like everyone else.

Messages In This Thread