rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hustling Idea: Selling Travel Photos Online

Hustling Idea: Selling Travel Photos Online

Quote: (01-27-2016 02:06 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

I am going to take a shot and say some great shots take a bit of planning, hiking to the remotest of spots, etc to get the shot. Not walking along a tourist area and seeing a fruit stand and shooting some colorful fruits.

I think there is some truth to it because one of the major selling points (beyond, nicely framed pic, exposure, 4K, RAW, blah blah) is getting a more unique shot. That means you need to be where the other travelers are not. But at this point, I think 90% of the world have been walked on and photos have been taken. You might go to Antarctica for a pic, but a shot of white snow everywhere may be indistinguishable from Siberia. [Image: lol.gif]

Good points and I agree. The technical aspects are definitely things I haven't quite grasped yet as a novice. Though I still think it's possible to accomplish it without all the planning and effort.

Clearly the goal should be defined, are you trying to sell your work to a gallery or are you trying to sell your work to a travel blogger or stock site, etc. Or all the above?

With the intent of this thread in mind, let's just stick with figuring out how best to monetize the work we are already creating along the road.

Messages In This Thread