rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Glenn Frey (Eagles) Dead

Quote: (01-19-2016 01:40 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (01-18-2016 11:37 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

Quote: (01-18-2016 11:25 PM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

We're told the cause of death was a combination of complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis, and pneumonia.

He had Crohn's disease, right?

I don't know, but I was thinking before all this that he was aging very poorly and did not look healthy.

Contrast with Bruce Springsteen who is just one year younger:

Smoking will age most people.

Frey was a heavy smoker for decades while Bruce is apparently always avoided cigarettes ...

Good contrast in Frey/Springsteen photos, a lot of belly fat and what might be a drinker's flush. I believe Alcohol and smoking are cancer multipliers, together they increase cancer risk more than the sum of separate influences.

I've found losing weight gets harder and harder as I get near my 60s, to the point I really have to be working only a little bit to have the energy to work out enough and low enough stress not to overeat.

Right now relaxing/losing weight after a contractor's stint in a hostile environment is my central life task. Many people have good enough genetics to have a long, very enjoyable cruise from 60-75 or so -- IF you didn't beat up the car on the way there.

Think how much free time you waste if you check out early--those years you're not working if you got some good finances happening earlier.

"Time, time is all you got."
Ry Cooder

Messages In This Thread