rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

Broke my T12 vertebrae in November 2013 and was incompletely paralyzed, had rods placed to stabilize the break from T10-L1, however not a fusion. Had the rods taken out in May of 2015 after almost full recovery, and honestly probably should have left them in, I experience a lot more pain than before, but the flexibility is almost worth it.

Be prepared to foam roll and stretch on a daily basis, and your weights in the gym will decrease a lot, however I still can rep 225 deads and upper body is fully capable. The recovery can be as long as 12 weeks, I was back in 8 I believe. I will second the sitting for long periods of time, it's fucking terrible if you haven't stretched that day. You will definitely want to be moving around as much as possible, and get a standing desk if you have a desk job.

Peyton Manning has a high level fusion, and went back to play in the NFL for multiple seasons. You can definitely still be active with it.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Messages In This Thread