rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

Has anyone on here had spinal fusion?

I had the L4-L5 fusion and had a pretty similar outcome to LINUX. I was in the hospital for two days and after a month and a half I was back in the gym lifting at a high level. I can currently lift as much as before but I'm much more conscious about form and I too tend to do higher reps than higher weight.

Sitting for long periods of time can get very uncomfortable but I don't experience pain like LINUX. I don't notice any flexibility issues other than a lesser angle of twist and my posture actually improved. I think flexibility issues would be much more severe if the L5 is fused to the sacrum.

It's the best decision I've ever made but my hand was forced because I had cauda equinae syndrome and lost use of my legs and control of my bladder. It's honestly a no-brainer, modern medicine is awful at treating chronic conditions like back injuries and you're better off to just get it done and be done with it instead of dragging it on.

Good luck

Tiffany Crew

Messages In This Thread