rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Germany Used To Be Gorgeous!

Germany Used To Be Gorgeous!

Quote: (01-17-2016 12:56 PM)storm Wrote:  

I was in frankfurt two or three years ago and I thought it was beautiful. The main square honestly looked just like your picture. Here is a modern photo from the wikipedia page.

[Image: qdGFHx2.jpg]

My understanding is that there were detailed architectural records from which the germans carefully reconstructed the old architecture. I was sure it was the vast majority, and am confident that if we do a google search we can actually get a number for how much was preserved.

A respect for antiquity is all well and good but as far as I've seen all of these building are still there. There are other building which are more modern... one can argue that the architecture allowed for by modern styles is ugly and uninspiring but that is not what people are saying in this thread.

Sure these houses are nice. But they are quite literally the only row of old houses in the entire city of Frankfurt!

Messages In This Thread