rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone using Android 2.3 Gingerbread in the modern era?

Anyone using Android 2.3 Gingerbread in the modern era?

Quote: (01-14-2016 05:29 PM)PolymathGuru Wrote:  

Quote: (01-13-2016 11:48 AM)Gunner Wrote:  

Please no! I am a tech fan and my phone broke yesterday, I have a burner phone using android 2.3 and put my SIM on it -- no whatsapp, Uber, Waze, no new apps work on it, is just good for texting and calling and even that is rudimentary.

I know that not every guy needs to check mails, browse, whatsapp or everything; I need it for business purposes and this phone is killing me.

Are there any mobile hotspot features found? I could always tether an ipod touch or my computer or tether another android phone. A huge advantage to android 2.3 is that it uses a lot less power and will last a lot longer.

Yes, these were first introduced in android 2.2. Tether up to 8 devices through the mobile hot spot.

However..... Some carriers with unlimited data allowances don't allow you to tether, but there are ways to circumnavigate their rules!!

My data plan allows it & my note3 tethers 10 devices at once but think I'm running android 5.0 at the moment

Messages In This Thread