rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone using Android 2.3 Gingerbread in the modern era?

Anyone using Android 2.3 Gingerbread in the modern era?

I am thinking about upgrading my phone from a shoddy flip phone to a qwerty physical keyboard. My current phone is a Kyocera Kona. The good thing about these old flip phones was they could get beat up on a daily use and never worry about the spider web of death.

[Image: kyocera-kona-paylo-by-virgin-mobile-2-600x600.jpg]
As you can tell, it is a bit of a relic. It has served me well as a cheap phone to keep in contact with people until I paid some of my debts. But one of my debts are about to be paid off and open up my money to a few other areas to spend it on.

One of the major features I want in my new phone is a qwerty physical keyboard. After using touchscreen keyboards, I still miss the tactile feel of using a keyboard.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2012-10-13-at-5.48.33-PM.png]
Anybody is who is older than 25 can agree how much better that feeling of pressing buttons on a keyboard is. However, these types of phones are niche. Finding a decent Android phone with this feature is pretty hard (And I not interested in getting a blackberry). A fair amount of them use android 2.3(Gingerbread). I have to keep my options open for my niche phone.

I know I could always get bluetooth add-ons but I want my device to be completed integrated together as a harmonized unit, not a frankenstein mess. Here are my questions.

1) Do you find yourself wanting to upgrade to Android 4.0 or 5.0 for any reason?

2) Do you find yourself able to use the same apps as other would be able to use on an android 4.0 or a 5.0?

Messages In This Thread