rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which currencies are good for savings?

Which currencies are good for savings?

A good way to avoid fake gold is to buy coins. They have a standard format and size. A fake coin will be likely bigger to maintain weight due to less density. If the fake coin has the same size, it will be lighter. Easily to spot with a Fisch.

The Fisch:

The Ringer is useful to avoid fakes using Tungsten which has a density similar to gold. Size will be almost identical in some coins but won't pass the Ringer test:
https://www.thefisch.com/shownews/id/1411222857

The Ringer:

As for gold losing value, when you see the graphs above, it's actually the dollar appreciating against everything. During a crisis, people need liquidity and end up selling stuff they have (for cheap) to cover debts. Gold went from 1500 to 1000 (-33%) but if you compare what you could buy with a $1000 today is quite likely the $1500 few years ago.
I prefer stocks but have a lot of respect for gold. I would recommend people to have at least 5% of their portfolio in physical gold. If you don't have a lot of money, buy at least a single coin.

As I said in a previous post. I would hold dollars and wait to go shopping for good deals on stocks who pay nice dividends (Dividends Aristocrats).

Messages In This Thread