rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

North Coast of Colombia Datasheet (Barranquilla, Santa Marta, Cartagena)

North Coast of Colombia Datasheet (Barranquilla, Santa Marta, Cartagena)

After spending a decent amount of time exploring the north coast of Colombia, I wanted to drop some data about the region.

The north coast of Colombia seems to bring about a love/hate relationship with guys around here in a similar manner that Santo Domingo does. This makes some sense to me - as they are similar areas.

Personally, I found the north coast of Colombia to be a bit boring. The women were pretty decent, but the cities were dull and the beaches just not that great. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the area and will be going back. It's just that other cities in Colombia and other countries are better, especially for guys on vacation (not location independent).

I spent some time in Barranquilla, Santa Marta, and Cartagena. So I'll break down those cities and a few more places.

Barranquilla

Overview: I despised Barranquilla as a city. It's a shithole and there really isn't anything to do. That being said - the chicks are pretty hot if you like brown girls (keyword brown, not black). Some guys will disagree with me and that's fine, but I met a lot of nice girls in Barranquilla. I was just bored when I wasn't with a chick.

Girls: The girls in Barranquilla range from white to dark brown (no real black chicks), but they are not as attractive as women in other Colombian cities on average. Nor are they as white. From what I notice, skin tone from white to darkest in Colombia goes:

Bogota
Medellin
Cali
Barranquilla
Cartagena

However, I found the girls in Barranquilla did have some amazing bodies when naked. These chicks may have had some of the best asses I've seen in my life - even when compared with the Dominican Republic. You'll find hotter chicks (on average) in other Colombian cities, but you might have more exotic factor in Barranquilla.

Day Game: I did some day game in Barranquilla and had decent results. A lot of my approaches were just from walking around during the day. There really isn't a city center area to day game in Barranquilla. Your best bet is to hit the malls. In Barranquilla, I checked out Villa Country, Buena Vista, and Portal del Prado. You'll find hot chicks in each and every one of these malls during the week. Personally, I found Portal del Prado to have the most good looking girls. Go around 4 in the afternoon and stay until 7. You'll be able to get a fair amount of numbers.

Night Game: I thought night game sucked in Barranquilla. If you love to party, then Barranquilla isn't your place. You can still have a good night out and meet some chicks, but day game and online game are much more fruitful. Here's a quick rundown of clubs:

Discolo: By far the best night game venue in Barranquilla. The issue is it's hit or miss. If Discolo is filled, then it'll be a lot of fun. I just couldn't figure out what nights it would be filled.

Frogg: Is the next best night game spot in Barranquilla. It's decent sized and plays decent music. The issue is you'll struggle to find girls without men. I'd only go here on a weekend night when Discolo is dead or you have a chick with you.

Kapitol: Smaller venue that I'm torn on. It's a lot of groups (common in Colombia), but the party really gets going in here after midnight. Hit or miss, but you could get lucky and come away with a really hot chick from Kapitol.

Trucupey: I would never go here again - unless you're already with a girl. I didn't see many hot chicks and tables cover the dance floor. More groups of 5-8 people than I've ever seen in a club before.

Online game: You should use Tinder and Colombian Cupid. Colombian Cupid girls are inherently much more slutty than Tinder girls all along the Colombian coast. Girls in Barranquilla will come straight over to your place, especially Colombian Cupid ones. Sex on a first date is pretty common.

Date Spots: If a girl wants to meet somewhere other than your place, you should locate a bar as close to your spot as possible. This will vary depending on the part of the city you live. One spot in the middle of the city that most chicks like is Bourbon Street. You can get a half bottle of rum and mixers here for $18 USD.

Where to Stay: Any hotel or apartment between Calles 59-99 and Carreras 46-64. The more north you go - the classier Barranquilla gets. Staying closer to Portal del Prado or Villa Country mall is ideal (in my opinion).

Other items of note: there are said to be some beach clubs on the outskirts of Barranquilla that are fun on the weekends. I never checked one out, but I've heard good things. Bodi Beach Club was one of the names I remember.

Santa Marta

I spent a short amount of time in Santa Marta, but I learned a lot about the area. Overall, you won't want to go to Santa Marta for women. You'd be much better off enjoying the beach with a girl you brought along for the trip.

In Santa Marta, there are numerous areas. The city is a combination of Rodadero, Santa Marta, Taganga, and Parque Tayrona. Here's a quick breakdown of each:

Rodadero: Is a good jump off point for a quick trip in Santa Marta. You can find cheap spots on Airbnb with amazing beach views. The beach in Rodadero is nice, but it's nothing too special. On the weekends, you can run a lot of day game at Rodadero beach.

Santa Marta: You'll find the best nightlife in Santa Marta in the city itself, but the city and the beach in Santa Marta are pretty garbage. Unless you plan on spending a decent amount of time in Santa Marta, I wouldn't stay in the actual city.

Taganga: The backpacker part of Santa Marta. Taganga has an ok beach and some interesting nightlife. You'll find some low lives here and some grimey backpackers. You can make Taganga work and have a good time, but I prefer Rodadero.

Parque Tayrona: Probably the best beaches in all of Colombia, and a must visit if you head to the north coast. You can get to the park in a number of ways (bus, taxi, hike, boat). You can also camp in the park, stay in a hammock, or rent a way overpriced bungalow. Unless you want to hike and backpack, I'd recommend taking day trips o Tayrona. You can take a boat from Rodadero (and the other areas I assume) for around $20-30 USD and get dropped off and picked up at some of the nicest beaches in the park.

The women in Santa Marta may be the ugliest in all of Colombia, but they're still better than Peru. There are not too many girls on Tinder in Santa Marta, but there's a decent amount on Colombia Cupid. The girls will come straight to the apartment. If you're staying in Rodadero, you can also invite the chicks to meet you on the beach.

I never went out in Santa Marta - so I have no intel on nightlife.

Cartagena

I won't hate on Cartagena like some do, but it is touristy and overpriced. That being said - the colonial city and buildings are probably the best I've seen. When compared with Zona Colonial, the old city in Cartagena is 100X better. Even if you don't spend much time in Cartagena, it's cool to see the cold city.

You can stay in three areas in Cartagena and you'll be set: the old city, Boca Grande, and Getsemani. There are plenty of hotels and Airbnbs available all over Cartagena. If you choose Boca Grande, you'll want to stay as close to the old city as you can. Just makes logistics easier.

The girls in Cartagena are interesting. You'll find a lot of pros, but you can definitely still find normal girls in the city. Plus, some of the girls in Cartagena have such a milky complexion you'll want to try one. Even with the incredibly exotic complexion, I'd say Cartagena boasts the least attractive women of all Colombian big cities.

The beaches in Boca Grande are fine for frolicking around after a hangover, but if you want a nice beach while in Cartagena, you'll have to leave the city. Playa Blanca (Baru) and Rosario Islands are both quite nice. Don't go to any other beaches close to Cartagena the hustlers will try to sell you tours to. They are garbage.

Other Beach Tips

You can ride jet skis in the ocean on the coast, and it's cheap. 45,000 pesos for 15 minutes in Cartagena and 70,000 pesos for 15 minutes in Santa Marta. Highly recommended!

The best surfing on the north coast of Colombia can be found in a little beach town called Palomino.

North Coast Overall

There are better places in Colombia. There are places with better beaches. With that being said - the coast of Colombia is pretty cool and I enjoyed my time there. You'll have a lot of value if you're a white dude and the girls are pretty fun. Make your base Barranquilla and take trips to other cities and beach areas.

Messages In This Thread