rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Scamming the Online Scammers

Scamming the Online Scammers

Quote: (01-13-2016 12:54 PM)BallsDeep Wrote:  

^^^^Suits can you answer his questions though?

What kind of materials are you getting on your $400 bespoke suits? Can you describe the pattern making process you went through?

Since your name is Suits, I'd imagine you're not running around in polyester.

Actually, I pay about $120 USD for my bespoke suits.

I started building my collection in 2010. The first tailor that I experimented with turned out to be very reliable and offered very good quality. Not a large shop, although marketed at tourists and more sales staff (3-5 most days) than your average boutique sales front, I've actually ended up discovering that many of my friends here in Beijing also use this tailor. I've tried others at the same price point and been very disappointed.

My favourite suit was also one of the second batch of four that I had done in early 2010. The jacket got weekly wear most of the time and didn't show signs of wear until mid-2015. Just some change in colour along the edges of the lapels. Next time I go in for another four custom suits, I'll ask for the same material again. I definitely got my money's worth. None of my other suits from this tailor have any signs of wear or damage. I haven't even lost any buttons.

The material is slightly suspect. I'm confident that the linen they've sold me is 100%, although the quality doesn't blow the mind. It does it's job, however, looks good (in my opinion) and keeps me cool in the summer. I've had three linen suits done and really enjoy wearing all of them regularly.

The cotton has also similarly impressed, although I've only had one cotton suit done and while I loved the pants, the jacket is a bit stiff, which I understand can be normal for a cotton jacket.

Most of my 20 or so suits have been done in what my tailor's sales staff claim is a cashmere-wool blend. I've confident that they are lying, as I've had apparel experts look at the material and they say it has polyester in it. That doesn't bother me at all, however. I'd take a high quality polyester-wool blend over a low quality 100% wool material.

The important part is that the material looks great, feels great and fits my body perfectly. These suits have earned me a lot of compliments and made it possible for me to upgrade my wardrobe to a much better level than my budget would normally allow if I wasn't willing to cut some corners.

However, the tailoring is impeccable. Always a great fit, always comfortable. They'll do any options I ask for with no extra cost. Working button holes on the sleeves, ticket pockets, etc.

I purchased my entire suit collection while I was still a poor student, so I was pretty happy with what I could get for the price. Someone who has experience paying $2000 for a bespoke suit might be disappointed, but I haven't spent that much money, so I don't know what I'm missing.

Now that I'm finish university and am start to have some success in business, I can see myself investing in some bespoke suits that I have personally purchased the material for. I'll see if there is a noticeable difference. I'll still have my regular tailor do the actual tailoring, though. I trust them 100% to get the fit right.

Normally, we've always done a single fitting on one suit and then they've made the rest of the suits in the order to the same specifications. There's never been a problem or a need for alterations.

I highly recommend my tailor to anyone coming to Beijing who is on a budget and would like to give their wardrobe some punch.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread