rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveling gets old??

Traveling gets old??

Quote: (01-12-2016 04:54 AM)Cyclone Wrote:  

Travel does not get old.

The people that you meet on your travels, however, and their knowledge/intelligence of the world, reduces relative to your experience, and that is what gets old.

When I was 19 and first moved to Hong Kong, everyone was a mentor to me. If he was 21, 25, 33, expat or local, I could learn something from them. There were even country names I could not pronounce, and the bits of insight provided by even the dumbest drunken douchbags were of fascinating use to me. However, nowadays I struggle to find even the 1% who is more intelligent than me, forcing me to hang out with entrepreneurs who have lived in a multitude of countries in order for me to grow at all. Which is not a bad thing, except you spend a lot of time weeding people out.

Or, perhaps I'm the only one here who travels only to grow / optimize my life back home >_> It depends on what your goals are, but if life optimization is your goal, it only gets old in the sense I described above. Otherwise, you are doing something wrong.

Sounds like we should be amigos. I pretty much feel the same way, but it's not the easiest to find others in that 1% since we're busy.

Messages In This Thread