rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Emoticons while texting?

Emoticons while texting?

I can't imagine not using emoticons in situations where there are major or sometimes even just minor language barriers. The foreign girl may still miss the finer point of a witty remark, but at least an emoticon at the end will let her know the general intention and likely keep the chat going (yes, I also don't subscribe to the idea that texting should be used for logistical purposes only) without her responding with something along the lines of "???".

I match my use of emoticons - from none to occasionally what I myself consider way too many (feels like you can even bring out the sappy romantic stickers with some SEA girls, with no ill effect, and likely the opposite) to the girl's English skills, her own use and style of wit and humor, what I know is common in the location, and how I know or think she feels about me.

Not much different from matching my writing style and vocabulary to her English level.
One thing I'll never do though is trying to make myself look like a lazy, illiterate fool by deliberately using misspellings or text speak (smart phones finish words for you these days for fuck's sake), regardless of whether it may or may not be beneficial with American women.

Messages In This Thread