rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Studying law. What field drifts your passion and fattens your wallet

Studying law. What field drifts your passion and fattens your wallet

First of all of the responses have been really good and interesting. As a matter of fact, I don`t mind the practice another type of law, like the common law of federal law, since the practices they are advicing me to go into are really similar to the actual practice we have in colombia... maybe a different method but the parties involve, cost of the process and the knowledge must be in the same degree.

I really use to like the penal field. That is, where you defend someone for comitting a crime (I don`t really know if that`s the proper word in english) but being that type of lawyer in Colombia brings to issues into account.

1. in order to earn big, you will have to be a well known lawyer or someone coming from a prestigious line of lawyers (whole families study law)

2. you are facing the dangers of the penal system in Colombia. If you loose a case, and your client is a drug lord, killer, etc. there is a good chance you end up killed or kinapped or god knows what.

comercial law sounds interesting, but i guess the proceses may take quite a long time. I really like the idea of suing the goverment and winning and absurd amount of cash.

I don`t mean that i don`t intend to work, i just know that there are some fields of law where the job is so intense you will not have time for nothing else.

Messages In This Thread