rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Setting action goals versus result goals

Setting action goals versus result goals

Which is better? Is it better to set an action-quota goal, or a results-targeting goal? What has everyone found to work best, or what combination are you using?

I've been mostly setting results-targeting goals, e.g. "achieve X within Y months". I've found that this is just too abstract and not current enough. Also, setting the timing is an act of prediction. If you set a goal too tight, and then find that despite your best efforts you can't reach it fast enough, it is demoralizing. Or if you set the goal too loose, then it is demotivating.

Which is why I'm now moving towards action-quota goals, albeit with a vague result-desire in mind. If I'm able to honestly claim "I have done all I can today" at the end of each day, I can be in peace. I have drawn up a list of action-quotas I must be able to tick-off each day to fit this purpose. Some examples include "I have consumed X food today", "My body is fully exercised", "I have done Y minutes of Z today".

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread