rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning to speak German

Learning to speak German

German is my mother tongue, I always thought it must be a nightmare to learn as a foreign language, because the grammar rules are very difficult. But pronunciation is easy and follows a very reliable pattern, that's true.

I can only recommend what I would recommend for all other languages too: First, learn according to your personality type. Are you a very analytical guy, do you like to fully understand things before diving into them? Then start out with textbooks and vocabulary. Are you very extroverted and enjoy being around people a lot? Then just go to the country and dive in, without knowing much beforehand.

Vocabulary is just a matter of sitting down on your ass and putting in the time. Grammar can be too, but you need a lot of practice until it becomes second nature to you and you don't have to think about it anymore. Like, A LOT. It just takes time to learn a language well.

I read somewhere that a room full of people speaking German sounds like a running machine... which is true. It's a mechanical language, not a smooth and beautiful language. But I love it not only because it's a part of what I am, but also because it's a great language to play around with, double meanings, word games, etc... Have fun learning it (if possible, lol)!

Failure is caused by unwillingness to adapt!

"If it's not rough, it is not fun!" - Lady Gaga, Philosopher

Messages In This Thread