rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Learning Japanese

Learning Japanese

Quote: (12-14-2016 07:48 AM)YMD Wrote:  

I believe that this is a good start point, although I'm not a Japanese learner (because it's my first language...)
I like watching a video made by a vlogger like him, a person who is from an English speaking country and speaks Japanese.
The GENKI series, which is introduced by him in this video, is apparently very popular among other J-vloggers too.

This advice is for people who are very serious about improving their accent.

Awesome YMD, thanks for the first video.

Are there any suggested methods for someone who is already near intermediate (say, JLPT 3 level) but is rusty and hasn't spoken much for the last few years?

I started learning Japanese many years ago, primarily from books, then lived in Japan for 18 months, where I was nearing intermediate level but moved back to the West and haven't been focused on it as much. Looking to get back in but looking for a solution more tailored to someone who can already speak some and can already write hiragana and katakana.

I think I need to step away from the textbooks...those made my Japanese over formal and I never sounded truly conversational, though people knew what I was trying to convey.

Messages In This Thread