rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sleep Paralysis/Exploding Head Syndrome

Sleep Paralysis/Exploding Head Syndrome

I used to get sleep paralysis a lot, starting back when I was a teenager. The exploding head stuff only started semi-recently in my 20s. Back when it would happen more often, I'd have shit screaming in my face, and at times I'd feel like something was pushing on my chest or clawing at my throat during some nights when it got really bad; with marks even being visible in the morning.
Like some of you had mentioned before, one way of combating it is praying (particularly to Jesus). Whether you hold yourself to Christian beliefs or not, next time it happens try doing this, as it has worked for me many times.
I'd argue such a thing helped lead me towards having Christian beliefs again.

Going off of that however, I don't necessarily think it was demons 100% of the time, because one thing I also did notice is it would usually happen when I had a bad sleeping schedule, sometimes in combination with bad diet. Maybe that's when they get you if it is actually demons? Or perhaps the events were mutually exclusive, as the stuff screaming or attack me didn't happen every single time I would enter sleep paralysis.
I don't want to make any claims I can't completely determine at the moment.

Quote: (03-19-2018 06:50 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

How many of you who have had this sleep on your back vs on your stomach/side? How many of you snore? I’m wondering if this isn’t a manifestation of sleep apnea.

Funny you mention this. The majority of the time when I'd end up in some sort of sleep paralysis was when I slept on either my side or my back.
I never once had it happen when I slept on my stomach (as far as I remember at least).
Another way I used to usually prevent it from happening was by putting something over my eyes, be it a pillow or just my arm if I felt like sleeping on my back anyway.

Something else I noticed was the fact that it would usually happen when my body got overheated to the point of sweating (blanket or room too hot, etc.).
So that pushes towards the theory that sleep paralysis might be a response the body has so you don't overheat to the point of damaging you're body. However, it wasn't mutually exclusive to it being hot, so this might only be one aspect of it.

But going off of what you said before, sleep apnea could be a possibility in some cases, however I don't think sleep paralysis can happen for one particular reason, seeing that many of the situations seemed to be different.

In my case at least, I have a few things I'd like to figure out in time. Why does sleeping on your stomach or putting something over your eyes usually prevent it? And even more so, why does praying stop the situation from occurring?

The only thing I can really say for sure is, I think there are multiple reasons why sleep paralysis occurs. Maybe for some situations it has completely to do with health and the body in the cases of sleep apnea, others its overheating, poor sleep. And in other cases maybe it is actually demons or ghosts.

I honestly wish someone would do more of an extensive study on this subject and what goes along with it, because as far as I can tell most of everything just comes down to speculation.

Messages In This Thread