rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Things You Accomplished in 2015

Things You Accomplished in 2015

Quote: (12-18-2015 08:23 AM)Georges89 Wrote:  

- completed my first Toughmudder event in September
- had my first flying lesson in June
- stopped smoking in the last week of October (it will be 8 weeks next Wednesday)
- traveled to Indonesia and Portugal for the first time this year
- sounds stupid but got a first year of car insurance over my belt without crashing my car, and subsequently a year of no claims discount- Have got back into playing football/soccer on a weekly to biweekly basis, and have got much slimmer
- Took an Italian language beginners course consisting of 10 lessons on a weekly basis
- completed a full calendar year of my sales job and still going strong despite ups and downs

For 2016:

1) I want to continue making strong positive changes in my lifestyle in terms of health, fitness and diet. I want to up my gym progress considerably and actually build some decent muscle mass.

2) I need to start saving money. Period. I tried in 2015 but Indonesia got me off track. I want to try save £800 a month - and thats not including my bonus. I need to save this money to A) feel like I am actually getting something in the long term from my job instead of just living month by month & have something to show for all the hardwork outside of 'experience' B) have a chunk of money that I can actually do something with - long term savings, travelling, start my own business.

3) buy an apartment with my friend. A friend and I are considering going in together to buy a two bed apartment. We don't have the money to buy a property alone but do if we put our money together. Its that or rent, and done right, buying should be much cheaper then paying rent. I'm also at an age (26.5) where I feel that I should be moving out soon. I feel 27 already, and I know I need to move out soon. Once the apartment is set up, it means long term I have a property that I can let out if I decide to move abroad one day or travel.

4) I need to sort out what the hell I want to do career wise. 2 and 3 in particular tie into this, so its kind of important. Increasingly, I am thinking about setting up my own business. Seems to be the only way to be passionate about something and have the freedom/earning potential. Its that or continue to show up at 8.30am every Mon - Fri and be have to play the corporate game and take shit from my boss.

Looking at what I have written, it's clear money is a big thing right now..!

Messages In This Thread