rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Almost done with school,what now?

Almost done with school,what now?

I advise against the gap year for two reasons:

1) Every person I know who did it, came back as a lazy fuck and did not accomplish anything for the rest of his life.
They lived a one year holiday, spending all their savings or their parent's money. Once they returned, they were too lazy to study or work hard. These are the kind of people who are still working a minimum wage job in a bar, restaurant or call center at age 30.

2) You've got no years to lose if you want to build a big career.
I lost three years, two through a bad study choice and one through a combination of laziness and health issues. This means that now I am competing against people who are just as smart as I am, have the same amount of relevant experience, but are three years younger. If a recruiter is searching for a candidate for a high profile job, who will he prefer? Right now I sacrifice all my weekends to study and code to compensate for the lost years.

Besides, if you go to uni and work well during the year, you will have two to three months off every summer: enough time to travel.

Follow the advice from Wall Street Playboys: http://wallstreetplayboys.com/what-type-...-you-have/
Determine your type of intelligence and start building a valuable skillset around it.

If you insist on doing the gap year, you might want to contact forum member Raccoonface. I think he's your age and will start a gap year doing volunteer work in Latin America.

Messages In This Thread