rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Oh, did I mention I had a boyfriend/husband?"

"Oh, did I mention I had a boyfriend/husband?"

Just happened to me the other day. I invited this girl to a beach fire with a few of my friends for a chilled out night. We're having a good time, she's sitting next to me slightly separated from the rest of the group. I'm escalating while talking, playing with bracelets and necklaces, tracing my fingers on her legs etc. I have my hand on her waist for about a minute when she whispers in my ear 'I have a boyfriend.'

And here I fucked up hard. This completely caught me off guard, I just said 'oh,' and removed contact and stayed kind of quiet watching the fire for a while. I felt no desire to keep conversation going, Then she said in a regretful tone, 'Oh now you're acting weird.' I attempted to keep conversation going but at this point I knew there was no returning from it.

In hindsight, I should have:
-Kept escalating. She was still being warm to me when she said it, and wasn't physically rejecting me.
- Said something like, 'I don't want to stop (touching you), but if I'm making you uncomfortable I will.'
- Never let it get to this limbo point, I should have escalated enough the first time I met her to get the boyfriend card before spending more time together. As someone else said in this thread, I was stuck in conversation-land before this night.

Anyone have other thoughts on what I should have done?

Messages In This Thread